Thursday, April 22, 2010

Freezer Meals

I spent a couple hours in the kitchen on Sunday and made a ton of dinners for the freezer:

Lasagna (1/2 recipe)
Spaghetti Sauce
Enchilada Casserole (1/2 recipe)

I thawed out 2lbs of ground Elk and got busy. First I took 1lb of meat and put together the meatloaf while it was in the oven I browned the rest of the meat.....1/2lb for spaghetti sauce and 1/2lb for lasagna. The spaghetti sauce simmered in a pot while I was putting together everything else. I then worked on the lasagna (sorry no sharing on this recipe, family secret). While the lasagna was cooking. I moved on to the tuna casserole. And lastly I'd thawed out some leftover taco meat and threw together the enchilada casserole too. I didn't cook the enchiladas....just stuck the entire pan in the freezer to cook later. And for freezing. I let everything cool to room temp before packaging it up then I put it in the refrigerator overnight before everything found it's home in the freezer.

Not too bad for a couple hours work.....now my dinner life can be super easy those nights I don't feel like making anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment