Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Egg Salad Sandwiches

What to do with all those hard boiled eggs after Easter? Serve them at your family Easter lunch, of course!! We had over 20 eggs to figure out what to do with so this was a perfect way to use some.


Egg Salad Sandwiches
Hard Boiled Eggs - diced
Green Onion - diced
Bacon Bits - I prefer the "recipe bits and pieces" packages
Mayo
Mustard
Pepper
Paprika
Lettuce leaves
Bread/Rolls of Choice

This is another as much as as little as you prefer. For 10 eggs I used about 3 green onions and over half a package of bacon bits. Then I mixed it up before adding the mayo and mustard. I always add the mayo first and mix it well before adding the mustard a bit at a time. Once you think it tastes right add a bit of pepper and mix it again. Since there is so much bacon I don't add salt but if you think it needs it, add it.

I served them open faced on mini dinner rolls. Slice rools in half, place a tiny bit of egg salad on roll (to keep lettuce from sliding off), top with lettuce and then a tablespoon or so of egg salad. Place on serving tray and sprinkle with paprika.

No comments:

Post a Comment