Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Spinach, Black Bean & Pineapple Salad

This was an interesting salad....when I read through the recipe I knew I wanted to try it, I just didn't know if I'd like it. Well we did. And it was pretty too. Food HAS to look good. It was a nice change from traditional salads. It was best when you had a little bit of all the ingredients in each bite.

Undressed

Dressed

Spinach, Black Bean & Pineapple Salad
6C Baby Spinach (I used regular, why is baby so much more expensive?!)
1 Can Pinapple Chunks - drained (I sliced them into smaller pieces)
1 Can Black Beans - drained & rinsed
1/2C Red Peppers - chopped
1/2C Yellow Peppers- chopped
1/2C Feta - crumbled
1/4C Balsamic & Basil Vinaigrette (or just Balsamic Vinaigrette)

In large bowl combine all salad ingredients, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Or you can make the salad a few hours ahead and drizzle with dressing just before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment